Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I Don’t See God

I Don’t See God
By Laijon Liu (20080730)

I don’t see God,
Nor I can draw Him in a form;
But I can only pray to Him in spirit,
And that is my truth for all.

I don’t hear God,
Nor I can teach His words;
But I can only beg His mercy
For every time I fail His law.

I don’t know God,
Nor I can avoid my fault;
But I know what’s good
And desperately hoping for His tao.

Do I believe God?
My mind ponders,
My heart troubles,
My strength withered
And my soul suffers…
For all my life I ask myself and God.

Note:
This poemprayer is inspired by the poem of Ms. Emily Dickinson, I Never Saw a Moor. I think my dear poetess speaks to me thru her poems from heaven.

I Never Saw a Moor
Emily Dickinson

I never saw a moor,
I never saw the sea;
Yet know I how the heather looks,
And what a wave must be.

I never spoke with God,
Nor visited in heaven;
Yet certain am I of the spot
As if the chart were given.