Sunday, August 26, 2007

How Does He Love Me?

Poemprayer by Laijon Liu
(Inspired by Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Sonnet 43 - How do I love thee?)

How does He love me? Let me count His ways.
He loves me to the depth and breadth and height
His soul's almighty reach, when His figure out of sight.
For the end of my ways, and my new being.
He loves me to the level of everyday's
Most unknown need, by salt and light.
He loves me freely, over men's rules and curse.
He loves me purely, as they preach and praise.
He loves me with His passion for world to abuse.
His comfort for my griefs, and strength for my unseen faith.
He loves me with a love I dare not to lose.
On His lonely journey, - He loves me with His breath,
Smiles, tears, and His painful agony! - For God already chose
that He shall love me beyond death.